Thursday, February 5, 2015

mini goal : 20 days

My goal for the month of February is 20 days of working out. Last month I worked out 15 day including my setback week. February is a shorter month with only 28 days so that means I can only afford to miss 8 days. I've already missed 2 days so far this week. But I can meet my goal as long as I work out today and tomorrow and then miss no more than 2 days each week for the rest of the month. Totally attainable! One day at a time so I just need to work out today! Mike and I are hiking 3 miles tomorrow at Doi Khun Tan so that will get me through this week. I'm feeling a little under the weather and hope I recover quickly.

I have been struggling with what constitutes a workout. As a general rule of thumb if I am really not feeling into working out and I do something even if not an intense workout say a 7 min run and body weight exercises I will count it. However if I just do 5 minutes of yoga stretches before bed to relax I will not count it as a workout. As I progress I suspect I will find my rhythm.

I know that results don't happen over night but I still find myself wanting to see greater progress especially in my thighs and arms. These are two problem areas for me and areas which my body stores fat. I know I am stronger and my body has tightened up some, I just have to remain focused and motivated and keep going no matter how small my progress is. I am excited to think about what my body will look like a year from now and I love the fact that I am making my body healthier.



No comments:

Post a Comment