Saturday, January 7, 2017

Whole 30 - Day 5

Hello!

Since starting this blog a lot has happened. I got engaged! Moved back to the U.S., to a new city and got a job and career.

Tbh after returning from Southeast Asia I've been pretty obsessed with eating. Eating everything and anything America had to offer. With so many different cultures and living in a new city this was pretty fun. My two most amazing food experiences were at Barcelona Wine Bar for my birthday and Daily Catch to celebrate Mike's new Job and As.  It is also no secret that I use food as a coping mechanism for stress and sadness.

With my wedding just 7 months away and my weight steady increasing. Last time I checked I weighted 135lbs, more than I ever have before. Not to mention with my new office environment I was also eating more sugar than ever before. I do see the correlation here. Anyways with the start of the new year I decided to embark on Whole 30.

I contemplated it for a little bit and then hearing more and more people around me talk about doing it, I decided to go for it. Now I committed before knowing all the details but understood the gist of it. Don't eat or drink sugar, dairy, legumes, grains or alcohol. Seems pretty simple right?

So today is my 5th day and so far so good.

Here are my thoughts thus far.

Day 1 - This isn't that difficult. I eat pretty healthy already its just a matter of cutting out the junk. But its only day one so we'll see how I feel in a week.

Day 2 - As long as I can have caffeine I can do this. I need to go to the grocery store to stock up.
I went to Whole Foods after work on Wednesday despite the rain. I spent $120 and got some really great stuff.


Day 3 - Tea is a nice alternative to wine. 

Day 4 - I'm getting a little bored with salad. I need to make more exciting meals. Wow so many things have sugar added to them.

Day 5 - I'm seriously craving flavorful food. Can we say steak!
Went to the Public Market and bought a wonderful Skirt Lion and cooked it up. Served with a mushroom sauce and red peppers and zucchini.





















Overall I've noticed that I've been in really good spirits. Not about not eating all these foods but I mean overall in general. Maybe its because I just went on a little getaway but its noticeable. Also I've felt particularly in tune with my spiritual side. I haven't missed alcohol as much as I thought either.

It feels good to not to alway indulge and to practice restraint. I went to a bar and ordered tea, that was a new and fun experience. I didn't feel deprived or resentful and I was energized afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment