Sunday, August 16, 2015

Variety & Consistency are Key

Wow! What a luxury it is to workout in a gym. On Friday after traveling to Bangkok and arriving at the hotel, I went straight to the gym. Treadmills, free weights, ellipticals and machines galore. I was in heaven. I ran on the treadmill for 25 minute doing endurance training and them lifted free weights focusing on my arms. It was great! I had a purpose and was motivated. I felt fatigued and fantastic at the end.

Although gyms are great, I also know the importance of developing a workout routine at home that requires little to no equiptment. There are going to be days when you don't feel like working out and it is a lot easier to convince yourself to power up a workout video or do yoga on your living room floor than make yourself look presentable and drive to the gym.  What I've learned since I began this journey is that both variety and consistency are the keys to success. More important than having a killer workout every time is forcing yourself to do something physical, even for just ten minutes when you really really don't feel like working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment